Re: Buy or Build

Ollie! You don't know how lucky u r to have a car artist as a wife!  I should try it w mine.  Also I wish I lived near you since you do paint. I myself agree that building your car then using it fully is the artform and that is my path and I would love to afford to be able to buy and sell a few too just so I can drive more of them. but we gotta love the ones who just want to drive them too.  They are the buildrs' audience cause you know these cars are driving museums and they get special attention that someone driving a new cadi or bmw would nver get.  We should get tax credits for them.

------Original Message------
From: Ollie
To: Mopar Club
ReplyTo: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Apr 5, 2009 12:39 PM
Subject: Buy or Build

Buying a finished car or doing your own? Ollie's Rambling

Personally I could not drive a bought finished car. The vehicle does not reflect me. But..we, myself and wife.  do all the body work, paint, fuel system, brake, electrical, upholstery work (actually wife's division), etc. My wife is a car nut, lucky me, and we do it as a hobby. (Now that we are retired?)  I draw the line at mechanical work, that is done professionally. My personal mechanic happens to be my cousin, but he supports a family of four, 1 employee,  with his shop and I really expect no deal.

I am not a hung up mopar type either. Done a bunch of Mustangs and Cameros in my day. Have bought and sold 100's of vehicles. Always been my philosophy to get as little tied up in a vehicle as possible and let the buyer see his dream car.

I would say if you are paying for everything to be done.with this economy. might as well buy one. They are a endless money pit anyway.

Speaking of the economy, I have about put all my projects on the back burner, unless I have parts available in my personal stuff collection. Sales are getting tougher and I am not giving stuff away. My situation. A lot of people need money and there are deals out there to be had.

My only working project is the wife's car.. Petty Stock Car. The whole idea of that car was to do it as cheaply as possible, and have a mopar car show vehicle. I would like to sell MS Cruiser but I do not think my asking price will generate a sale. The economy will not be down forever and MS Cruiser is very happy living here.
Ollie
http://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965

----

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T