Re: Buy vs. Build

To me , building a car is an art form. Art is expressed creativity. Instead of the hoity toity, we are the artists with grease under our fingernails. I used to build and paint custom motorcycles--No profit , but really enjoyed it for a while. I got my 56 Chrysler about 5 years ago and told my wife befor I bought it, that it would probably be my last project. The old bones and muscles don't work as well as they used to. But the mind is younger than it should be ( I still think I am handsome with my pot belly and bald head) So-- I'm thinking , some respectable power and a 4 speed in a Mopar of my youth would sure be a blast! So--"Honey, just one more build , It will be my last." Unless of course I hit the lottery and then I will get someone eles to do the achey- breaky work...........................MO......sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: Buy vs. Build

Both sides have great points. So maybe we need to take the VS out of the conversation. And for sure if you drive her she's never done weather u buy or build..like for instance after paint my guy didn't tighten the door handles w lock washers. Now they about to fall off and I gotta take those brand new door panels off. Sorry bout your back Dan. Myself I have a crushed disk and it makes car work very slow so I can relate.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T