Buy vs. Build

I have been looking over the prices on 1962-65 Dodge/Plymouth MaxWedge type clones out there and they seem to be coming down fast, many in the $25K to $45 K range.  It would look to be cheaper to buy one done rather than try doing one yourself.  It would also be much faster to get driving of course, so you would have more time to tune it in and make it start and run reliably,

  ;-{).   What do you all think?  I was thinking about doing my '64 Polara 500 MaxWedge or Hemi, but want to keep it all original, but I still would like to have a fast ride and could put up a carport to house another one.  My wife will kill me.

Mike in New Mexico