Re: Torque Boxes

Mo,,,,,,,,,,,,,frame tyes will do more than the torque boxes,,,,,,,,,,and
both would be the ideal set up

In a message dated 4/1/2009 11:29:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Steve and Kevin have a little difference in the location of the  front torque
box. Yes please, could someone semd me pics of the front and  back boxes of
either the left or right sides? I didn't want to tie my  frames together, and
this appears to be a way of stiffening things up for  the torque i want out
of my engine. If I had some pics, I think I could  build my own boxes. Thanks
for any help..........MO......sw   iowa
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Merkley"  <krmerkley@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:38  AM
Subject: RE: Torque Boxes

> The front torque boxes  on my 64 Polara 500 Convert are ahead of the
> transmission crossmember  but do no actually connect to them.  They start
> at the firewall  and go back to stop just ahead of the transmission
>  crossmember.
>
> I thought that they would be more boxy but really  are just 16 gauge
> steel stiffening plate that connects the frame rail  to the inner rocker
> panel.
>
> The rear torque box  stiffens the frame area ahead of the spring perch.
> It also connects to  the frame rail and the inner rocker panel.
>
> Email me and I can  send you photos of the torque boxes.
>
> btw, the torque boxes  resulted in more rust on my car than ever since
> the extra sheet steel  held the dirt and such against the frame rail and
> the rocker  panel.  All four corners of the car where the torque boxes
> are  were very bad.
>
> Regards,
>
> K.
> Steve  Chervinsky wrote:
>>
>> The were used to strengthen the  uni-bodies on convertible cars and
>> later on all Hemi  cars.
>>
>> The forward ones are located just behind the  trans crossmember and the
>> rear ones are just ahead of the front  spring mount.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:45 AM, MO (  Steve Mick)
>> <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> w=
>>  rote:
>> >
>> > I have never heard of these -What do  they do and where do they go?
>> > 63-65
>> >  =
>> > body 4 speed and super stocks e-pay item  #
>> > 330318068289.......................MO.......sw =A0  iowa
>> >
>> > ----
>> > Please address  private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
>> >  directly to that person. =A0I.e., send parts/car transactions and
>>  > negotia=
>> tions
>> > as well as other personal  messages only to the intended recipient, not
>>  > the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your  privacy,
>> > reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the  content signal to
>> > Mopar
>> > topic.  =A0Thanks!
>> >
>> > '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse  Discussion Guidelines:
>> >  http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.
>>  >

>>  >

>> --=20
>>  Steve
>> '63 Hemi Polara
>

> Kevin R.  Merkley
> Thunder Bay, Ontario
> 64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)
>  64 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible (Cdn)
>

> ----
>  Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will  protect
> [...]

directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions  and negotiations as
well as other personal messages only to the intended  recipient, not to the
Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect  your privacy, reduce the
total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal  to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion  Guidelines:

**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER