Re: Tapered Axle Hub Puller

I hear you Steveo--- I used to use this method on axles with wheelstuds, but did not mention it for the very reasons you give! Physical injuries from the chain and to my toes when the axle pops out and slams down on your foot! LOL.......................MO......sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Charette" <stevec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:50 AM
Subject: RE: Tapered Axle Hub Puller

LOL had to laugh when I read this... should have known Dulmage would know
this trick...

I was going to change my pig out in my first car (at the tender age of 16)
and got similar advise from a local old-timer... his take was to hold the
end of the chain and "crack the whip". After pinching my fingers, whacking myself in the knee (and a few other unpleasantries), the axles did come out. Memories of that job later led to my purchase of a hub puller, then eventual
upgrading to a later housing...

Hopefully somebody will write a book with some of these old kinks and tricks
so the knowledge isn't lost forever! (Dulmage, you listenin'?)

SC