Fra: Wakeman Massie [mailto:wakey@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sendt: 15. marts 2009 22:53
Til: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Emne: Re: Flywheel

Cast iron is fine for any normal/mild performance application. The flywheel
would be fine IF the flywheel is the correct tooth count for your
bellhousing...130 or 143.

But you still need to properly address your balancing situation.  Balancing
the crank/fly/clutch together isn't going to do it.

You need to first balance the engine's rotating assembly - pistons, rods,
bearings, crank, balancer, rings, etc.  Have you sourced an internal balance

balancer yet?  Then you can balance the flywheel with all this if you like
or zero-balance the flywheel on its own.  Which it already should be if it
is from a 318...

Unless this is a high-performance application, and/or you are bent on
internally balancing your 360 anyway, I think you are better off leaving the

engine balance alone, and buying the correct flywheel for your application,
i.e. an externally balanced 360 flywheel.  If you're willing to pay $400 you

could easily find one stateside and have it shipped.

Confused yet?

Wakeman