RE: Hemi vs. Max Wedge

My friend has a 1968 Dodge Monaco, 103k miles, 383 two barrel, which has
less compression than your older two barrel 383.  We put a stock four
barrel iron intake with a Holley 700 carb, and dual exhausts on its
log-style, non-performance original exhaust manifolds.  This is a two
ton four door with 2.76 gears, and it now runs like a rabbit.  We were
going to change the cam, but it runs so smooth and strong that it just
ain't gonna happen.  We were stunned by its new power.  Just make sure
your ignition is good, and your distributor advance mechanisms are
functioning well.

mikelj@xxxxxxx wrote:

There is also a case to be made it seems to just upgrade my exisiting
383 2 bbl.  I guess I could squeeze a few horses out of it with a 4 bbl.
better manifold, and better cam, plus dual exhausts without modfifying
it too much.

----