Re: Heater issue

A member here posted a heater article that may help you understand the operation:

The Operation and Maintenance of the Heater
for a Non Air-conditioned 1962-1965 Mopar B-Body.
by
Kevin Merkley
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-62-65heaters.html

Careful with the rubber vacuum lines! See the 62-65 "Technical Tips and Links" page for specific suggestions on how to handle the lines etc.

I don't think you need to remove the dash to get what you need accomplished. But getting the job done may test any mobility and arthritis issues! :)  Sometimes I remove the seat to get better access to the under-dash Klingon technology.

Gary H.