To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: GM-Chrysler Merger Talks to Intensify After Election

I hate to reply to this non-topic discussion. BUT, have you heard of stock. Every auto company sells stock. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan. The 'profits' don't go to Japan or US they go to stock holders in the form of dividends.
That 'World Economy' thing.
Let's get back to OUR CARS.

c.davis

Spicemanii@xxxxxxx wrote:

Now, ask yourself, do I have any foreign cars? Even if assembled here, the money still goes out of country. I give no crap on gas mileage or longivity, because I only see old American cars still going, not econo foreign crap. Think about this for a second or two, If it gets good mileage, it does not hold its value. If it gets what many call, bad gas mileage, it goes up in value. Obviously their are a few things to also consider, like, muscle or convert or fin ear cars, as these do go up in value. I figure the gas mileage is made up in higher value as I drive them. The other is the repair of an older car in maintenance is lower than the repair of a econo car. Ever check what a trans axle cost to repair? Starter or air conditioner on a newer car? How about the cost of gas compared to blood? I will always take the bigger, heavier American over the loss of blood against a small foreign or American made small car. I win everytime. I could go on, but I love to tinker on my old c
ars more. later, joe machado

----