Parts for my new project

Say what you will about Chrysler and the outcomes.......after a rough day, lets get back to our shared love. Got my new 65B-Body project all lined out in my mind....lol....for whats that worth.

Our old B Bodies are getting harder to find everyday and I cannot see one just sitting there proudly rusting away. I have stripped my 65 Satellite parts car of all useable chrome, interior, glass, etc.. I am going to paint it Richard Petty Blue and clone it into #43  stock car. That is the model he drove in the 65 season...as messed up a season as it was.

I am going to power it with a slant six, reason one; out of respect to our past MOPAR brothers. It was one of the most durable engines ever built. Reason two;  I love going to car shows. Our old MOPARS are mighty thin and you never see a slant six. I know it will draw attention. Reason three; it would look so cool sitting next to my hot 65 Satellite Cruiser. Reason four; most people today do not know the real roots of stock car racing....be interesting for kids at a car show.

Now that I have rambled on, got the true purists upset, many laughing, some crying, etc.

My parts needs: looking for a slant six, w/automatic, trans yoke, any year will do. A late model truck would be fantastic. Planning on a complete rebuild.

Also looking for some one who has a 65 B Body manual steering that wants to trade out for a power steering unit. I do not want to even worry about setting up the P/S.

As always, I love our site.
Ollie
http://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965

----