To: "1962 to 1965 Mopars" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: Interior Paint Code Help

Wakeman;

I used Color Correct 1-732-846-1044 they have THE paint codes from Chrysler
from I believe the 40s into & through the 70s and more. They also are the
only people that still use the correct pigments to mix their paint. That
means their colors are dead on. PPG uses different pigments than were used
in 62 thus making their colors, Different! Color Correct is a bit higher on
pricing but undisputable at a show. Had a friend that had a problem with a
judge at a show stating he was an expert on B body's and claimed my friends
interior was wrong color and paint type. A quick call to Color Correct got
him a Best of Show!  Color is not the only thing to worry about but the type
of paint Gloss, Flat, Mat & Swede depending on how correct you want to get.
My 63 Sport Fury for instance uses three different types of the same color
of red. Give them a call and tell them Herb McCurdy sent you and they should
help you on all your questions.  Also if you get your interior from
Legendary for instance they work closely with them to match colors.

Just a disclaimer I have no connection with or to Color Correct just a happy
customer!

BTW, PPG paint turned out more orange than red using their Politically or
Environmentally correct pigments!

Just my two cents!!

  Herb

1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1