Jungle Jim

 If you could get Jungle Pam to work on it .
No one caused more of a stir at the track in the old days than Jungle Pam crewing at the line for Jungle Jim.
I remember my pal ,Olds racer ,John Chatwood ,standing in the stands. He surprised his wife by pullling out a pair of binoculars when Jungle jim was staging for a burn out.
Carol was no fool though. "John what do you need binoculars for." John answered  her with a straight face . "I need to see what his tires look like" he said peering intently through the binoculars. His voice trailed off as he muttered "both of them." Carol snatched the binoculars from John and procceded to try and beat him. Always the master of the innocent look he took it grinning saying What? what?
I remember later we looked at the car. it had that day a steel hemi and it had some major welding on the block to the point one crossbolt was a bit crooked. You could see it plainly through the fresh black paint on the block. Didnt seem to bother it. they just tipped the nitro can a ran her. Worked fine.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)