RE: types of shifting

I think maybe the terms may be regional Neal. I live in central Ohio and
when I was a teenager we called shifting without the clutch POWER
shifting and slamming gears without lifting off the gas was called SPEED
shifting. Missed my share of gears learning THAT technique! Used to
shift my KAW 1000's without the clutch, but the Harley does NOT like
that until as least 4th gear. I bet some of you can attest to that fact.

neal zimmerman wrote:

> dumb questions but oh well......
>       I recently bought a work truck with a 5 speed. i havent had a
> stick in years.
>          I have been enjoying shifting for a change.
>     What kind of shifting do u call it when u dont use the clutch
> between gears, but just drop it in at the right RPMs??
>       Is it bad for the tranny??
>         What exactly is "powershifting"???  same thing or something different??
>       neal zimmerman, eugene oregon

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----