RE: Underhood security question

Nice touch with the braided lines G man.
I use chain with a part of a 10 speed tire tube over it but I think I'll
change now.
I wrap mine between the radiator yokes and use a long padlock through the
hood lock clip but I like the idea of the cable.
Mine's always a pain to unlock because the padlock's up under and behind the
grille medallion.
I also drive mine with it in place, maybe I shouldn't now that I think of
it.  :P
Do you just let the padlock dangle?  Maybe loop it under the lower support
so it's close to the underside of the bumper?
I got my idea from a friend in Philly who also has to park his cars (pahk
his cahs) on the street.

Tom
Boston
Go Red Sox!

Sean,

Yes, quite the same but I prefer a very short cable so it is not visible;
for aesthetics.

Additionally, I only use a lock cable when/if the car is unattended for a
short period of time.

It is not safe to drive the car with a locked hood cable in case of fire or
other "under-the-hood" emergency as another list member also pointed out.

Gary

----