Re: Floor Pan

Yep. That is a very fair price. Around here for quality work the average is about $65 an hour.

Jason

Dave Harms wrote:
I am in need of replacing the driver side front floor pan on my car. I know I can get the floor pan for about $100. I stopped by a body shop Friday to get a quote on what it would cost to replace the pan and was shocked to get a cost of $500 for about 10 hours of work. Does this seem reasonable? Seems to me that the old junk could be cut out in less than an hour, prep car to receive new pan about an hour, cut new pan and weld in in about 3 hours. Total time=5 hours at $50/hr is $250 which seems more reasonable to me. I'm making the assumption that being as it's a body shop, they've got the latest in tools and technology to "get in and get out" of projects. Am I out of wack here? BTW, the car has no carpet in it, door panels are on it and seat can easily be removed.

64 Polara 500 Convertible

----

----