Re: big block head choice

All,
Let me preface my comments by saying that I am not a
Mopar veteran, let alone expert. I am guessing that
Sean has 516 heads on his 413? Wouldn't the 1.74"
exhaust valves on the 346heads be an advantage over
the 1.60" ex. valves of the 516s?

As one who is  building two 413s(the first will have
4.25 bore for 426cid), I have one pair of 516s, two
pairs of rebuilt 452s, and a pair of 906s. The block
that is going into my '65 Sport Fury(426version) will
start with the 452s, though I thought that I'd have
the 906s rebuilt & swap them in at some point to see
what the difference is.

Sean's 346s could be shaved to bring the compression
up, couldn't they? I get that he is probably not about
to deck the block, as I will be doing with each of
mine, but isn't the larger breathing capacity of 1.74"
ex. valves - on the 346s - of some value?

BTW, does anyone want a used set of 516s for
free(taker pays shipping, if applicable)? I live in
Vancouver, Canada.
Mike

----