Re: synvrs normal.

From: rll <rlipinski3@xxxxxxx>

One of the other back handed compliments was about STP as an engine pre-lube.

the ZLF zinc compound would keep the rings of an engine from seating because of the
anti-scuff qualities....

sounds to me like something great for cam lube...

rob/ferts/phx

I was thinking about that when this discussion came up a few days ago. Several years ago, my buddy and I did several engines in a couple years time, including my race cars 440, and the 383 still in my '63. At the same time, we went thru a 340 I was gonna put in a '63 Fury. Right when we got it done I ran across a 440 for next to nothing, so we did bearings rings and a cam for it and used it instead. The 340 went under the bench for later use in a street rod. 3 years later I hadnt found the street rod, but put it in a '74 Cuda instead. All I did was drain the oil, put in new, and fired it like the rest. No problems at all, including the cam and lifters. The common thing about all these engines was the STP the cams were bathed in. It was my buddys way, as he was a professional mechanic, and swore by it. I dont know if thats what helped, especially in the 340, or if it was the fact that this was 20 years ago, and the oil at the time had the needed additives.

Jake
'63 Sport Fury 'vert

Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm

----