Push button location

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

Personally I always felt that it's perfect having the buttons on the
left. Nobody else in the car can mess with them accidently or on
purpose. Because they are buttons like a typewriter of sorts, you don't
even need to look at them to get it right. And the R at the top is far
removed from the first-second-drive. It's a natural progression to from
bottom up on the shifts. The hard part is fighting the stretch to reach
them under the forces of acceleration. So I'm saying I think it's better
than a column PRND2L. The floor shift is handy though.

----