RE: welding precautions?

In addition to disconnecting the battery as you've said, it's always
good practice to keep the ground connected near the area you're welding.
 Also make sure that the path the current takes doesn't pass through any
bearings which can cause them to arc across the small gaps and therefore
ruin them.

Paul L.

Jim Ozolins wrote:

> If you're welding on the body/frame of your car, do you need to
> disconnect
> any of the electrical system? Can any circuits/components get overloaded
> by
> the welding process? Planned on unhooking the battery, but what else is
> needed?
>
> My plans are for floor pans and maybe subframe connectors.
>

> thanks
> Jim Ozolins
> '64 Signet 200

> From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to