RB cam

The reason headers free up power is not realy a flow thing , it has more to do with pulse seperation. With manifolds the exhaust pipes are not seperated a long enough distance to prevent the injestion of diluting exhaust gas from the neighbouring cylinders. Sort of an accidental EGR system. . When I first joined this list someone was offering to make a set of tubular Max wedge headers similar to the maxie manifolds  if anyone would lent or rent him a set to copy from . No one would. If he had extended the tubes seperation a bit more which would be easily done when building tubing versions  that would have made for a wonderful set. We would all now probably be trying to buy them. Otherwise. the use of manifolds vrs headers llimits cam choice for that reason.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)