RE: brake lights problems

OK, thanks all, i printed off your responses and i will have those out
in the carport with me as i attempt to figure this one out.

  what did i buy?  I am not sure i should go into that, afetr my  300
  dollar wagon luck out, i sensed a lot of resentmentLOL.
  its a 65 coronet 440  4 door .
   This  new car was kind of a fluke in a lot of ways-
  i went to look at it this summer  as  a possible parts car, figuring
  it was junk, but when i got there i saw it was just unbelievably
  solid,it has no cowl rot, at all, and the rear window trough is
  completely solid. I got in the trunk and way up under the dash with a
  light to determine this. plus the floors are totally solid ( the guy
  let me peel up the carpets),  and  as for  the quarters. i got way
  down into the trunk wells and pulled out the seam sealer and they are
  good. the only real cancer i found is a quarter sized spot up on the
  drivers fender in the usual spot behind the wheel. this car must have
  spent most of its life parked in a garage in the winter.
  so my next thought was  this is too solid for a parts car, but it
  would be a great candidate for the 2 door conversion I have been
  itching to do ever since wally breer told me about it. and i already
  have the parts to do it.
    but the guy wanted too much for it,si stalled.  granted it is fairly
    nice, what u might call a sesoned survivor, all original paint and
    uphoilstery, but not really what u could call a creampuff either,
    but for solid bones i dont think u can  do better, except for maybe
    arizona.
   shes a slant six car with column shift auto and manual stering and
   brakes, radio delete.  the motor runs good and it shifts nice, so
   shes a driver til i decide what to do with her. does need a brake
   job. and those brake lights fixed.
  so when i found all that rot in the wagon i  thought  about this car (
  again) as a parts car  for the wagon so i called the guy up and he was
  much more reasonable 5 months later. plus he said his woman has
  really been on him to dump it.
   But I am not gonna part it out for the rusty wagon, its  definitely
   going two door conversion, no question about it, way too solid to go
   hacking up.
  neal zimmerman eugene oregon
  i wont say what i paid, it was  hinted  that might be in bad taste,
  and maybe it is, but i will say i paid  MUCH less than his original
  1400 dollars he wanted .
  so it looks likke i will be getting that 2 door 65 coronet post i have
  always wanted after all.
   neal zimmerman, eugene Oregon

                          love email again

----