Radiator Question

Good morning,
Got a question for all the gurus out there. I have a 1965 Plymouth Satellite that was an original 318 with AC car. It now has a 440 and the AC is no longer with the car. I went to replace the upper and lower radiator hoses this weekend. I had ordered molded hoses for a 65 with the 426 wedge thinking that would be the closest to what I now have. The lower hose did fit but interferes with the oil filter (I do have the short version of the filter on the car) pretty bad. I wanted to install the original looking Corbin style clamps with the new hoses  but on the bottom hose was unable to get the end that goes to the radiator to seal with out putting on the regular worm style clamp. The new upper hose that I got wasn't even close so I ended up reinstalling the one that was on the car when I bought it. I'm guessing the radiator is probably the 318 radiator which has the stamping number #2524969. My question is, would I be better off getting hoses for the 318 with air? I realize the lower one still will probably have the filter issue. If I went with the proper radiator for a big block what number should I look for? If I did that I assume the hoses I have would fit properly. Thanks for your help.
Stevan Miner
Miner Auto Service
Winnebago, MN

----