moving on, was 273 disaster, questions

OK, well scratch the last post called 273 disaster, i dug the rod
bearings out of the rods and they dont look  that great, so i am just
gonna stick new bearings in the motor , .
   Jegs has  pretty good prices on Clevite 77s so I ordered rods and
   mains.
   I might  re-ring it too but i dont know that it really needs it.
  But I guess my first  question has to do with the  quality of the
  gasket set i ordered, or more specifically, the head gaskets included
  in it. It is a Mr Gasket   full gasket set.
   Are these  going to be decent head gaskets for a  stock 273??  I dont
   know about the quality of Mr. Gasket Head gaskets  so I thought i
   would ask.
   my second question would be :  how soon do  rod bearings start
   showing wear?? this motor proabbly has about 30,000 on it according
   to the previous owner. Is that wear premature??  The rod bearings
   didnt look   destroyed, but a little of the coppper color was
   starting to show.
   neal zimmerman, eugene Oregon

                          wherever you are

----