Mobil1 DexIII

I wouldnt contradict anything Sean said. Their advice, help  and support has been too good. Obviously they know what they are doing.
I got to the Mobil one a different way. I used to have the local Esso Agent as a sponsor. (Ferguson Fuels) He would often bring people by to see me. One of those people was the late Mike Priest, Mike was a Brit and was very knowledgable on Mopars and drag raing for some reason. Obviously he had some experience. "Do you have any trouble with the Direct clutch /stator support sealing rings" he asked. I almost fell over. Why yes I said . we have to pull the trans every couple of months and service the high clutch and change the forward sealling ring. I went on to say we had gotten some special rings from Turbo Action that were much better but still we had to service it at east once a year. "Why dont you use Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid he asked. I went off into one of my tirads about  all the crap (You guys know , ;> ) What he said stunned me. He said "fine suit yourself! but aluminum melts at 1200 to 1300 degrees and Mobil 1 synthetic trans oil is stable to 1600 degrees so unless your trans has melted and is lying in a blob on the ground Mobil 1 sxynthetic will protect it and stop that problem.. He dropped the subject then but i thought about long afterwards. Finally I spent the money and changed it over to Mobile 1 . I am knowing for trying a lot of things and so I thought i would at least learn wether it worked or not. (bad results still increase knowledge and understanding) That was the very last time i ever had to service our transmission.  except of one day i broke a sprague while racing at Shannonville. In fact all i replaced was the sprag and thewgaskets because everything else was still perfect.  I am sorry that Mike is gone but i am still benifiting from his advice. I run the stuff in my 63 as well.  Actually it probably gets more abuse than the Charger did at the track.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)