RE: Trans Kickdown Not Workiing

Bill Maurits wrote:

> John,
>
> Is the kickdown lever right up against the pin on the throttle linkage
> when it's in the idle position or is there some slack? Basically
> that's where you need to start. After you adjust the kickdown so it's
> snug w/ the throttle, if it still doesn't kickdown when you want, then
> adjust it so there's a little bit of tension on the kickdown (the
> kickdown is actually pushed back a little bit) all the time, even @
> idle. That's about it...there's not alot to the process.
>
> How far forward or back is the only way the trans knows how to shift,
> so the kickdown needs to be moving the whole time the throttle is.
>
> Bill M
>

> On 10/20/06, John Mopar <dodgepolara500@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ${top_text_ad}
> > All,
> > I know this is a topic that may have been discussed in the past, but I
> > need some help fixing my throttle kickdown. I have a 64 Dodge Polara
> > with a stock 383 and Floor Shift Auto. The carb and intake are all
> > stock. When crusing in 3rd gear, I can't get the car to downshift to
> > second without doing so manually using the trans lever. I depress the
> > accelerator pedal to the floor quickly and hold it there, but it never
> > downshifts to second. I inspected the linkage on the trans and
> > everything that is down there appears to be connected. Can someone help
> > me troubleshoot what may be wrong?
> > Thanks
> > John
> >
> > 1964 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible 383

Don D mentioned to me that you need to look at the trans kick down lever
with the throttle fully depressed. It should be totally to it's end of
travel also. I had trouble with mine tightening it more helped. When I
get another body I'll check it visually to get it 100%.

  Rich Kinsley '64 Polara 4dr auto 318 poly w/goodies

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----

bSONJP.