Re: The Optional NewPort/ Windsor and Standard 300 383's

Re: The Optional NewPort/ Windsor and Standard 300 383's

Hola Class

On page 9-22, 9-48-7 of the 1963 parts book shows all the 361 and 383's were
offered the 4 bbl manifold.  This is the same for all years of these two
engines.

This was real strong option in the lighter Plymouths and Dodges.  For the
Chrysler line no 361 or 383 was ever in a NY'er and in the Imperial Division it
is the same no "small" big blocks.

>From the other direction, the smallest Chrysler 300 engine ever used in the
wedge era was a 4 bbl 383.

In time the Windsor became the NewPort and the 361 went away from the car
line.

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62553

Rodger & Gabby
COS