DynoMax UltraFlows Was: Loud Muffler Violation

DynoMax UltraFlows Was: Loud Muffler Violation

I heard a 11 flat max wedge class car with TTI 3" Pipes, X-Pipe and the Ultra Flows and though it had a nice quiet tinny sound, not the louder rumble of my TTI 3" with H pipe DynoMax Hemi turbo muffler car. I liked the UltraFlow sound. I surprised you say it is noisy. Why?

   Akron Don

Bob H. wrote:
Got a pair of 3" McCord Power Plate cutouts

http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm

Their price was good and the quality seems ok but be careful during install to follow instructions. Don't overtighten the base. At times I will get a very slight exhaust tick and have to open them slightly and reclose. The Dynomax Ultraflows are pretty noisy so any leak is not very noticeable.

Bob H
63 Fury
Max Wedge Wannabe

Jim Jablonski wrote:
Bob,

Can you share where you purchased the cut-outs?

Thanks!

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Bob H." <bhokanson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have Dynomax Ultra Flows in a 3 inch system. It's kind of loud but no hassles with the local gendarmes yet. A couple of weeks ago when leaving a car show we had to drive a couple of blocks with a street full of slow moving pedestrian traffic. I opened

the electric cutouts to let people know someone was behind them. The sound gradually gets louder and louder until they're fully open and then

you can really hear the wacketta-wacketta echoing off the buildings from

the 509 cammed cross-ram 440. Great pedestrian mover! You'd think I would grow up some day. Maybe in a couple of months when I

start collecting my social security. Bob H 63 Fury

----

----