Re: Transmission Lines and Brake Questions Too

Re: Transmission Lines and Brake Questions Too

[AD removed for archives]
caaegt3bOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

On 21 12/03/05, John Goodman wrote:
> I have a 63 Valiant with a 318/727 combo installed by the previous owner.
 <snip>
> lines in the past without any success and have decided to either:  (2)
> purchase a ready made set, or (2) go to a custom system.  Obviously,
> the ready made set would be cheaper.  Of course, since the 318 didn't
> come in 63, nobody makes the correct lines.  I was wondering if any of
> the later year lines 66 and up would fit?

contact Fine Lines, or The Right Stuff.  they will have what you need in
pre-bent steel or stainless lines for under $50.  they make 64-66 V8/904
lines, and they make 67-> 727/V8 & 904/V8 lines. Since yours doesn't
quite fit any of these, you'll have to adapt one of the sets.. If they can't
recommend one set over the other,  I would be temped to try the 69->
727/V8 kit w/ loop near the radiator...

> Brakes...I am converting from single to dual master cylinder and at the
> same time, trying to still use the drum brakes front and rear.  The fronts
> have been changed to 11".  What master cylinder should I ask for at my
> local vendor?

I've got a Autozone MC for a 72 Dart manual drum/drum car on my 64.  any
67-73ish (and 74-75 too) manual MC will work.  i don't like the bolt
down lid MC's they used in the late 60's,  so I've got the bailing wire
style hold down..    If you want manual, get a manual MC, if you want
power, use a power MC... don't mix styles... the manual MC's have a
recessed ring in the push rod bore that accepts a rubber washer that
holds the pushrod in the bore.. the power MCs don't have this,,, if you
use a power MC on a manual car with the man. push rod, you run the risk
of the push rod pulling back and out of the MC piston bore, rendering
your brakes to be unusable...

> With the car came a distribution block (exact name escapes
> me) for the brakes which mounts to the frame.  It is pretty filthy from
> neglect and I was wondering how to clean it properly inside and out.
> The next project after that will be to plumb in a whole new system of
> brake lines, replacing at that time, the dangerous lines to the rear,
> and non-existant lines to the front.  Any help you can provide this old
> guy would sincerely be appreciated.  Thank you.

you'd be surprised how reasonably prices these lines are from the
before mentioned suppliers..  as for the dist block, are you talking
about the brass block?  carb cleaner with clean it up well...

[AD removed for archives]
Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
caaegKvbOyW3Nf/Spark Network

----

bOyW3N.