Re: Trans Storage question

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caaeatBbOyW3Na/Superb Rewards

I have heard that wrapping unprotected metal can create a temperature
differential in conditions that will create dew, and that moisture will cause rust.
I think the deal is that a wrapping traps in air at a given temperature, and
when the outside air gets warmer, dew forms.  You want to achieve stable
temp/humidity.

And, coat the metal surfaces with WD-40 or such.  If outside in a garage
where temps change every day, I have heard of covering with a loose cardboard box
wherein an energized light bulb inside keeps the humidity down...."maybe I'm
all wet".

Dessicant crystal packages only work until they absorb the amount of water
they can handle, but are OK if you are willing to keep changing and place
correctly.

Deny oxygen and water from contacting the metal surfaces. Probably someone
out there knows the easy answer.....I remember opening up in 1960 an
armory-stored,  "Cosmoline" (grease-like)-coated British .303 Enfield rifle sealed up in
1939, it was pristine because water and oxygen, which are necessary for the
oxidation (rust) process, were sealed out.

WAIT, I've finally got it ---- tell your wife it's "fine art", put it in your
temp/humidity comtrolled LIVING ROOM!