Re: Was that a re-run ?

My hope and belief is that the younger generation understands and
appreciates the character and performance of cars of this era that we
cherish.  And I see some evidence of this.  I think the muscle car era
was unique and will NOT be subject to the accepted
baby-boomer-I-remember-when-syndrome.  I think the styling and
horsepower pinnacles achieved in the 60's are not cool because of fond
childhood memories, but are cool because they're cool.  And I think
modern kids appreciate that.  I was born in 1964 (41 years old),
perched between my 63 and 65 mopars.  I have no fond memories of cool
cars to draw on, but I've always liked muscle cars.  I think mostly
due to Ed Roth monsters and such.  The more I've gotten into it, the
more I've learned to dig Mopar and the general attitude;  I'm selling
my 72 SS Chevelle, but not because I dislike Chevy. I love my '71
Bronco, and it's my daily driver..

But I still hang around with some of the younger guys with tuners,
rice-burners, and such.  But they're just todays hot-rodders doing
what they can do with what they have.  And the guys you talk to know
about the muscle car days; they just can't afford something.  And
inspite of that, lot's of these guys are managing to track down
Camaros and Novas, which I think is great.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge), '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge), '71 Bronco