Re: [318poly] more *@#% oil leaks?!?! or my Poly's puking

[AD removed for archives]
FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve=20
your child=92s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
=
caadCUzbOyW3Na/Zoobooks

Thanks for all the responses! So far, I've checked and rechecked the=20 pvc or closed crankcase system and can find nothing wrong. There's a new big breather on the drivers=20 side and the pvc rattles and is working, lines are clear and pulling good vacuum from the base of=20 the AFB carb. I've blown out the fuel lines back to the tank and replaced all rubber fuel lines. I'm no=20 longer using vacuum advance. and I've pulled the AFB carb off and cleaned and blew out all the=20 orifices best I can with out disassembling it. and if my rings were bad, or worse, -o:} wouldn't there be smoke=20 coming out of the tail pipe? Which brings me to another question- could my single anemic exhaust system be=20 causing this reversion in my hopped up Poly? Also, when I got the new fuel pump I noticed it had more of a=20 straight arm as opposed to the more wavy or bent one that my Poly normally has, could this make much=20 of a difference? I'm going to replace it any way. Oh, And I'm still not getting a good pump shot from the=20 Carter AFB? and there's fuel in the bowls as plenty of fuel poured out of the carb when I had it off!? Thanks again for any of your thoughts on this, Schuyler Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>

On your
engine oil leaks, it sounds like you have a positive
pressure in the oil pan. I wonder if the fuel pump is
pumping into the pan area. I've heard of it before.

Gary

=A0 Hi, I read your post about your oil leak. I also took a look at your=
=20
underhood pics. Very nice car. I didn't see anything about rebuilding=20
the new engine Rings, etc. I will trust that ring seal is good and not=20
your problem. I also was trying to see=A0how the pcv was=A0routed. I could=
=20
see what appears to be a pvc valve is routed to the base of the carb=20
(pull side). If it was connected directly to the int manifold before=20
try putting it back there again. It appears you have a blow by problem=20
(excessive crankcase pressure). I could not see the other side (push=20
side) to see where the line from the breather goes. It should be=20
connected to the air cleaner base. I am not sure if a 62 had a closed=20
system but you might want to check in a manual to see how it was=20
routed. Hope this helps. Again a very nice ride and good luck, Mike

Well it really does sound like the sump (Oil Pan ) is being=20
pressurised, most common cause of that is a cracked or holed piston,=20
but if the Vale covers can not breath that could also build up pressure=20
and the only place it can come out is the dip stick tube, regards=20
George.

It sounds to me like it may be plugged vacuum lines or the like. Once=20
I got
 the bright idea, not, to seal up all the openings I could find to the=
=20
engine
 except the carb to see just how much vacuum the carb would be pulling=
=20
then.
 Guess what, it builds up pressure in the block and oil starts=20
squirting out
 the dipstick. Be sure the valve covers are breathing and the pcv=20
valve is
 working. That'd be my guess.=A0=A0=A0 Rich Kinsley '64 Polara 4 door