Engine break in

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadAclbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

Hi,

I have a Poly 313 that I overhauled last year and it has run about 3
hours total and driven about 10 miles. Lately, it has been running very
rough and I have had very little oil pressure.

I was told last night by a Mopar engine guru that the #5 con rod bearing
has spun.

He asked me about the engine break in and I told him that I ran it for a
while (15-20 minutes) and adjusted the timing and carbs and such.  After
that I would start it up and let it get to operating temperature and
then shut it off. It has never been worked hard or anything.

Anyway, he told me that when I redo the engine, to start it up and let
it run at at least 1000 rpm but more like 1500 rpm for an hour straight.
 Shut it off and drain the oil.  Then it will be well seated and it will
run forever.

I never heard of such a break in procedure.

Have any of you?

Please advise.

K.

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario
64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadz4ebOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.