Re: Ray Bell

Ray no apology needed, I’m glad I could help out and visit a bit and sorry I couldn’t hang out more.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana

On Sun, Oct 27, 2024 at 6:12 PM Ray Bell <raybell46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What have I done! Once again I've forgotten some important people. Bill Parker came to my aid in Bloomington when I had to replace the radiator in the van, he drove me around when my son wasn't available so I could get things done, while I missed out on seeing the 'distinguished gentleman,' Nick Tiberio when I was passing through Connecticut as I only had his home phone number and he was out that evening.

While I'm on the subject of that I should tell this great story. I had planned to make this trip five years ago and with that in mind I bought a 3-speed manual gearbpx on behalf of a man in Toowoomba, Queensland. He has a '61 Dodge 2-door and it must be the only manual 61 Dodge in Australia. Anyway I found an A903 for him in Rhode Island and that's where I was heading when I was in Nick's part of the world.

I hadn't been in touch with John, the seller, in at least four years and I phoned him that night. His wife, Linda, answered and told me John was out at a meeting, and that she vaguely remembered something about this deal. John phoned me back and we made an arrangement that I get to their place at about 10am.

And so I did. Linda came out when I arrived and ushered me inside. "I'm making pancakes for you," she said. It was a delightful interlude before John and I got on with the dirty business of fishing out an old 3-speed tranny and stuffing it into my van.

Anyway, my apologies to Bill and Nick...

Ray