From: ntolerance [mailto:ntolerance@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:30 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 440 engine ID

The rockers are probably aftermarket. Could be MP units. The double
valve springs may or may not. Do they have an outer spring with an inner

spring that is a flat coil? Flat meaning the material for the spring is
flat not round. Thats an inner dampner, and could be factory.

Doc.
Westerlund, Ken wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I just thought that if I had a Charger R/T
engine
> it would give me an excuse to buy a Charger R/T that needed an engine.
> :-)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any of the accessories with it.  It is
> complete from pan to intake, but no accessories.  I pulled the rocker
> arm cover and it has adjustable cast iron rocker arms and double valve
> springs.  I thought that it would have had the stamped steel rocker
> arms?
>
> Regards,
> Ken

[AD removed for archives]