Max Wedge resto advice

Any advice on restoring a '63 Polara 500 Max Wedge?  How's that for a
wide open question?  Here's my story.  I've been wanting a Max Wedge
for a long time.  I found an original in PA, which I convinced the
owner to sell after harrassing him for 6 months.  I have the original
build sheet, and documentation from both Galen Govier and Chyrsler
Historicial.  It's a project, but I'm treating it as a long-term
hobby.  I'm not real experienced, but I'm eager to do as much as I
can, and I'm a quick learner.  But I don't want to do anything stupid
to screw it up either, so I'll try to be realistic.  My goal is to
restore it back as close as possible to original, but I want to race
it in nostalgia classes, so I'll still do a few mods like a roll cage,
springs, etc.  Are there any restoration books anyone would recommend
in particular?

The body and frame are solid, except for the passenger floor pans,
which I have sheet metal for.  The paint and interior are in bad
shape.  It hasn't run since 1977.  The engine in it is a '65 street
wedge, but I have a '63 Stage II to put in it.

So the engine isn't sitting too long, I was thinking about trying to
take care of the engine bay first.  That way I can get the engine in
and run it occasionally.  Then I can take my time with everything
else.

- Jim A.
'63 Max Wedge Polara 500, '72 Chevelle SS, '71 Bronco, '47 Willys CJ-2A