RE: compressors/was sandblasting

[AD removed for archives]
Stock car lovers - get a FREE gift here!
caacSnKb7yoMza/PermissionData

I bought a 60 gal, 6.5 hp upright from Sears about 7 years ago for just
under $400. They're a little over that now. Air tools and sandblasters
only need 90 psi to run, and mine handles that fine. If you need more,
you CAN adjust the upper limit switch, but you don't really need to. The
biggest issue is having enough volume, which I find adequate with my 60
gal. You can always plum an extra tank into it. 220 is the way to go, as
they will use less electricity than a 110. I don't know anything about 1
vs 2 stages. I run all the things you mentioned with mine easily.
Jeff
Robert neal zimmerman wrote:

>  OK the blast cabinet is now installed and a makeshift dust  evacuation
>  setup.
>    Now for the really expensive part. the COMPRESSOR:
>       what do I look for. I have decide on a 220 unit because i dont
>       want to be sorry.
>   I understand what a 1 versus 2 stage is, at twice the cost too!
>    I dont understand all the scfm and  stuff.
>     What should i get?? I want one i can paint with, air tools,
>     sandblast, DA sander, etc., etc.
>     Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon

Jeff Adams
64 Polara