RE: 65 Dart - fair price

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacOlKb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

Robert,

I guess we all struggle with that issue with every car we find. Unless
of course it is a Cuda Hemi Convertible sitting in some
old ladies barn. The questions I ask myself are these. Is this really
what I want? Will it be cheaper tomorrow? Are there
lot of these cars, and what are the chances I will find one? Am I tired
of looking? I don't think that two grand is to much
to ask for a 65 Dart if it is a rust free car and the 4 speed is the
original option. Of course the 318 can't be an original
motor, it was probably a 273 originally. In my area a rust free Mopar is
like Hen's teeth. If you can't sleep at night
thinking about it, then it is the car for you.

Earl

Wondering how much a '65 Dart is worth.  There's one for sale not too
far from me.  The last price I saw was $2,000.  It comes from a small,
private used dealership.  The car has a 318, 4 speed (if I remember
correctly), and low rear gears.  It has been in the local shopper for
several months.

It was raining tonight, but I walked around it.  I didn't notice any
rust and the interior looked pretty decent.  We're talking a high #3,
low #4; just a real decent looking driver.  The car appears to have had
a quasi-restoration at some point.  Some paint was chipped off of the
front of the hood, just your typical road rash.  The rear bumper was
painted black along with the body.

My guess is that someone set it up to hit the drag strip a few times and
then got sick of it for whatever reason.

What do you guys think?

Thank you,
Robert Gideon
64 Newport vert (still in pieces)