65 Dart - fair price

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacOlPb7yoMza/LeadClick

Wondering how much a '65 Dart is worth.  There's one for sale not too far
from me.  The last price I saw was $2,000.  It comes from a small, private
used dealership.  The car has a 318, 4 speed (if I remember correctly), and
low rear gears.  It has been in the local shopper for several months.

It was raining tonight, but I walked around it.  I didn't notice any rust
and the interior looked pretty decent.  We're talking a high #3, low #4;
just a real decent looking driver.  The car appears to have had a
quasi-restoration at some point.  Some paint was chipped off of the front of
the hood, just your typical road rash.  The rear bumper was painted black
along with the body.

My guess is that someone set it up to hit the drag strip a few times and
then got sick of it for whatever reason.

What do you guys think?

Thank you,
Robert Gideon
64 Newport vert (still in pieces)