To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: getting sick of the car world

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your tickets to Universal Orlando now
caacJzlbNYX9Xa/PermissionData

ten years ago, prior to the Ebay's auto hobby market revolution  (and
thats about the only way to describe Ebay impact on parts availability),
there were individuals who owned parts and cars and they asked too
high a price for them.   They either paid too much, or saw "the same
car" advertised in Hemmings for $$$, or for whatever reason, they
thought that what they had was worth a lot more than it really was.
Ebay didn't change that.  The fact that a lot more high-end collectors
are into Mopars doesn't really change it too much either.  It just
means that the high-end stuff is up to about $125K-$1M as apposed
to $50K-$250K.   I don't know about you, but I've never been in
a position to buy the high-end stuff...

Good deals still abound,  at cars shows, in the local papers, and
on Ebay.  The fact that you see a lot of "bad deals", it  only means
that you have to keep looking,  just like we had to 5 years ago, 10
years ago, and 15 years ago....