RE: cam vs. weight

[AD removed for archives]
Is Unemployment on the rise? Answer and Win!
caacHNhb7yoMza/PermissionData

I don't want to get on a rant or anything, but:

So my first question to your machine shop guy (Who I already know is a
Chevy guy)
would be-- How can you have too much low end torque for a heavy car????

If you have the converter and gear to go with the lift/duration then
build all the
torque you can. For a street car, YOU CAN'T HAVE TO MUCH TORQUE.
That is what makes them fun on the street. Will you have the traction to
hold
it? Probably not. So what... That is part of the fun. By feathering the
throttle you
should be putting some plastic wing Hondas in the weeds......

If a machine shop guy made that statement to me, I would tell him to go
back
to building mouse motors, and leave the Mopars to real men.

Earl

my machine shop bud was thinking a 520 lift cam would be giving up too
much
low end torque for a 4150 lb. car.  any counterpoints to this?  tia  ted

[AD removed for archives]
Is America Safe? Give your opinion on Homeland Security and enter
to win!
caacHM9b7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.