RE: fins - Radiator Storage

[AD removed for archives]
Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
caacHMOb7yoMza/PermissionData

One big mistake most people make when taking out a radiator for future
use, or just
saving it for whatever comes down the pike, is to empty the fluid and
put it on the shelf.
The sediment that stays in the radiator will eat it up if you let it dry
out. When you go to
use it a year or so later, it will leak, you take it to the radiator
shop, they tell you it needs
a new core. A lot of effort and investment gone to waste. The best thing
to do is to leave
a mixture of antifreeze and water in the radiator when your storing it.
Use a couple of
short pieces of hose, make a plug for them, put a cap on it, and then
throw it on the
shelf. It will keep for years, and always be good when you go to use it.
The next alternative
is to have it cleaned and roded before storing in, and then it will keep
for a long time
also.

Earl

There's even a tool made to straighten the fins. It looks like 5 little
combs of varying pitch with a screwdriver handle.

Dave Casey

> don't toss it. sometimes if your careful the fins can be straighten
> out
with
> a small screw driver. worst case scenario is recoring. as long as the
tanks
> and brackets are good its savable.

[AD removed for archives]
Want to go on a Cruise for Free?
caacIqObV1hOjf/PermissionData

----
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Give your opinion on Abortion and Win!
caacHMZb7yoMzf/PermissionData