bringing home baby

i tried to motor my 68 bird home from nashville to fayetteville arkansas in
'02. it had been sitting for 7 yrs or so. the thermoquad had moss plugging the
 right side of the carb, but i found a rebuild kit and got it purring in
idle.  only thing was when i got it on the street it ran rougher than rough.
couldnt  figure that out til i got it home and an electrically astute bud told me
to try  a different coil, which resulted in me shooting it up and down the road
with  glee here for the next three days. still glad i got her home, relieved
to  have not had to fight it home, but in a way i do wish i had settled down a
 bit and sorted it out good enough to make the trip (500 miles). i even had
a extra coil with me.

----

b7yoMz.