new to list; looking for Max Wedge

[AD removed for archives]
Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
caacDv1b7yoMza/PermissionData

All,

I'm new to the list  As a quick intro, my name is Jim and I'm from
Smithtown, Long Island, NY.  I currently have a '72 Chevelle SS, a '71
Bronco, a '47 Willy's CJ-2A, and an '82 Jeep Scrambler (which I'm
selling).  My dream is to build or restore a Max Wedge and run it at
nostalgia drags.  I'd like to find an original Max Wedge car without
the correct engine, find a correct engine, and put the two together.
This is probably the only way to afford it.  I'm realistic enough to
think I won't find one, in which case I'll build a clone, but I'll
give it some time first.

I do know of an original '63 Polara with a '65 street wedge engine.
It's in rough shape and hasn't run in 10 years.  Not rusty, but needs
lots of TLC.  I've been pestering the owner to sell it to me for
$17,000.  He's not selling yet, but he might change his mind some day.
 I'd welcome some opinions on whether this is a reasonable price or
too high or low.

Thanks.

[AD removed for archives]
Should School Prayer be mandatory? Give us your opinion and win.
caacDvTb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.