rear axles woes

[AD removed for archives]
Shop online for Discount Auto Parts: Mirrors Headlights Tail Lights Bumpers Fenders Window Regulators Spoilers Altezza Lights and a Full Line of Auto Body Parts. www.partstrain.com
caacxygb7yoMza/Parts Train

My friend has a valiant with an Abody 8 and 3/4" rear. he had truck axles cut down and resplined for the A-body setup to go to bigblot all around(done by Moser) he got the green berrings pressed on and that is where the trouble started. He is also simultaniously swapping the old 10" brakes to a set of 11" x 2.5. When we get the drums up to the axle they won't go on any further andstick out about .25" to .5"? He bought the drums and backing plates from a local guy who really knows his stuff and told him these were the right ones. Our question is this: Could the berrrings be pressed on in the wrong place , say at the A-body dept and going in too far? or does this sound like a backing plate problem? If spacing is wrong, !. what should it be set at (so we can see if that is right) and if it is a backing plate issue what plate should we be looking for?

I would think the berring has to be in right as the axles wouldn't be fully in the splines if moved out that much on both sides. So i believe the problem lies in the backing plate area?

My buddy is trying to recreate the road race valiant in the Mopar action/muscle mag for some serious handeling and braking.

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacvggb7yoMzf/Sharebuilder

----

b7yoMz.