Re: CHEV?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hydraulic brakes .......more

Re: CHEV?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hydraulic brakes .......more

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
caacvgub7yoMza/411Web

Hi Guys
              Further to the brake question, The system approved for the
Chalmers  was developed by Malcolm Lockheed and used Rawhide cups in the
original design among with a number of other shortcomings. Chrysler did the
final development on this system with the direct involvement of Chrysler
engineer Carl Breer. To make a long story short , the brake fluid type and
the rubber cup design for the wheel cylinders  that we are so famliar with
were developed  out of Carl's work with ,Lockheed ,  Parke Davis Chemical
company and the Manhattan Rubber company...there was more development work
but by the time the system was finished Chryslers patent coverage  was so
great that  not much of the original Lockheed system remained. An agreement
was reached with Lockheed for a royalty free license in exchange for all of
Chryslers patents. The brake fluid developed through Carls' work was
eventually sold as "Lockheed brake fluid ". This development work and
Chrysler's generosity with the patents helped break down the barriers to
universal adoption of Hydraulic brakes throughout the Automotive industry
and placed both Lockheed and Chrysler in the forefront with regards to
automotive safety through the use of dependable hydraulic brakes.
I do believe that  the Ford motor Company was the last holdout when it came
to Hydraulic brake useage with the 1939 or '40  model year still using
mechanical brakes,but I'm not sure.....anyone know for sure???

 Regards
  Wally Breer
  63 Dodge etc.