Re: one of the best days

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch
caacvgtb7yoMza/MyDietPatches

The first Chrysler Model B of 1924 had hydraulic brakes.  Actually, all
Chryslers with the exception of the 1927-28 Chrysler Four have had hydraulic
brakes.  Duesenberg had hydraulic brakes in 1921, but they were not suitable
to mass production.  Chalmers, the predecessor to Chrysler,  had hydraulic
brakes on its 1924 models and was the testing ground for the brakes that
showed up on the 1924 Chrysler.   Prouction of the 1924 Chalmers was in the
hundreds and Chrysler is generally considered the first mass production car
with hydraulic brakes.

A number of cars beat the 1936 Chevrolet with hydraulic brakes :

Auburn - 1926
Cadillac (except V16) - 1935
Chalmers - 1924 (predecessor of Chrysler)
DeSoto - 1929
Diana - 1926
Dodge Brothers - 1928
Elcar - 1927
Flint  - 1925
Franklin - 1927
Gardner - 1928
Graham-Paige - 1928
Hupmobile -1925-26 only
Hupmobile -1935
Jewett - 1925
Jordan - 1925
Kissel -  1928
LaSalle - 1934
McFarlane - 1925
Moon - 1925
Nash - 1935
Oldsmobile  -1934
Packard 120 - 1935
Paige - 1925
Peerless - 1925
Plymouth - 1929
Pontiac - 1935
Reo - 1927
Studebaker - 1935
Stutz - 1926
Velie - 1925
Wills SteClaire - 1926

Chrysler never made their own brakes.   They purchased them from Lockheed,
although Chrysler engineers debugged Lockheed designs and made them
reliable.  General Motors used Bendix hydraulic brakes, the brand Chrysler
adopted when they dropped Lockeheed brakes in the early 1960's.   Wagner was
another manufacturer of hydraulic brakes, merging with Lockheed in the
1950's or 1960's.

The last cars to adopt hydraulic brakes were :

Buick - 1936
Cadillac V16 - 1937
Chevrolet - 1936
Ford - 1939