Re: engine ready to go, but...electrical question

Re: engine ready to go, but...electrical question

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacvgpb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

Hi
        That dark blue wire comes directly from the ignition  switch ( '63
and '64) and supplies the Alternator field and the ignition coil through the
ballast resistor and its only an 18 ga wire so any boo-boo (short, excessive
draw) will heat that wire. The stock alternator field and the stock coil are
relatively low draw items. Originally the Alternator field circuit was
protected by a "fuse" wire inside the regulator but since I don't know what
you have I'm guessing by saying that I'd check the Alternator field
resistance , wiring to the coil to insure that you are feeding the coil
through the resistor with the ignition switch in the "on" position,as the
only time the resistor is bypassed is when the ign switch is in the "start"
position. If you've connected that electric choke feed to that circuit I'd
remove it for now
and see whats up before attaching anything else to that circuit.
I'm also assuming that you're using a stock ignition system with an
unmodified wire harness , and a single terminal field (original) style
Alternator.

 Regards
 Wally
  63 Dodge