Cracked manifold

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYb7yoMza/TopOffers
Andy,relax, it is not doomed! Where are these cracks anyway? Did you take off the tin shield on the bottom before you blasted it? My guess is that the cracks are in the area of the heat cross over that warms the manifold up. If this is the case, you have nothing to worry about since you are going to run headers anyway.JB WELD is your best bet,remember that the prep is important to get a good bond. You could rig up something and pressure check the coolant passage for leakage,low pressure and some soapy water will show if any of the cracks will be a problem. Having been in dire situations similar to this most of my life, it is easy to say, relax all is not lost. Keep up the posts and have a look at the ocean for about and hour,it may help. Regards, Stan