Re: trans leak from heck

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card 0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus® award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and secure. caaciqQb7yoMza/Discover Card

I've had the problem on my cars a few times and tried various remedies. Not that it helps the 40yr service manual warns if you damage the cover it may leak.

From: Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: trans leak from heck
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:31:19 -0500

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase productivity with a secure remote-access solution from GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
caaciqXbV7tWJa/ExpertCity

You can use neoprene hose that is slid over the area, and hose clamp each end.
Caution! If you tighten the hose clamps too much, you'll ruin the cable housing. The clamps will crush the cable housing, preventing the inner cable from sliding in the cable housing.

Jimmy

Brent Stewart wrote:

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caaclxSb7QKt5a/OmahaSteaks

I have been plegued by a pesky trans leak and have tried everything to stop it. I've relplaced the pan gasket 3 times, and the O-ring on the park mechanism 2 times and it still comes back. I got under the car yesterday with some rags and a good light and lots of determination and even a tube of sealant. I dried everything off and cleaned it up real well. It took a while but i finally found the leak. i had wrapped my new park cable with a length of hose to protect it and noticed it was filled with fluid. upon removing the hose wrapper i noticed the fluid pooling up on the cable. upon closer inspection i noticed a pinsized hole in the cable housing wrap and watched as it welled up and let a drop out.I cleaned it up real good and used some sealant to stop the leak and wrapped it with some fat 2" electrical tape.. no more leak!!! Have any of you seen this before? i must have nicked it while installing it and never noticed it... is there a recomandation for a perminant sealant that is OK with trans fluid?

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card 0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus® award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and secure. caaciqQb7QKt5f/Discover Card

----

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro provides your organization with instant remote access to email,files, applications and network resources in real time. FREE TRIAL:
caaciqTbV7tWJf/ExpertCity

----

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caaclxSb7yoMzf/OmahaSteaks

----

b7yoMz.