RE: should the Power steering go?

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
caaccM2b7yoMza/ AIU

Hi- I own Dave's old 63 Dodge and would never change
to a power steering setup. I also own a 66 Coronet 383
that has power steering and I do not like the road
feel compared to the 63. Dick Shoup
65 A100 P.U. 340
--- Dave Krugler <dkrugler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum
> Card
> 0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback
> Bonus®
> award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast,
> easy and
> secure.
> caacf0DbWlw43a/
> Discover Card

> I had a 63 Polara with 440/727 and manual steering
> and still have a 63 330
> sedan with 426 Max Wedge with manual steering.  I
> try to do my big steering
> inputs while the car is still rolling for sure but
> compared with a 66 Dodge
> Charger 361 4spd w/manual steering I had when I was
> a kid I think the
> steering in these cars is not bad.  I have a fairly
> tight parking situation
> in the garage and absolutely refuse to start a car
> to move a short distance
> than shut off (can afford the plugs and oil if
> nothing else, don't like
> pools of condensate in the engine oil that was never
> warmed up) so push the
> Dodge by hand and often have to make steering
> corrections to get it just
> where I want it.  The 68 GTO sitting next to it has
> slow ratio power
> steering with narrower tires than the Dodge and it
> is an absolute bear to
> steer with no power and has crappy road feel when it
> does.  I agree with
> someone else's observation that it boils down to a
> matter of preference.  It
> will un-clutter the engine compartment a bit to
> convert.  You also need to
> find out if you have to change the column as well
> because going manual to
> power does require a change.  Could be sector shafts
> are different
> lengths.
>
> >From: Robert neal zimmerman
> <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: should the Power steering go?
> >Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:18:57 -0700

> >Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift?
> Discover
> >Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls.
> It's
> >the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
> >customized with your corporate image!
> >caaceBcbV7tWJa/ Crazy
> Aaron Enterprises

> >  Who has a 63 Fury without power steering?
> >     Is it beastly to drive?
> >    Toying with the idea of getting rid of the P.S.
> setup and going
> >    manual, for simplicities sake and weight.
> >    Neal Zimmerman , Eugene Oregon
> >
> >--
> >http://www.fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50
> domains or use your own

> >Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account
> or
> >Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees
> Automatically
> >invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
> >caaccMMbV7tWJf/
> [...]

=====
Dick Shoup